8th Annual Canadian Embryology Summit
March 30, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Canadian Embryology Summit is in its 8th year! We are pleased to announce the Program for the 2019 Summit, to be held at the Hilton Toronto Airport Conference Centre, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Saturday March 30, 2019.
Registration for the summit is CAD $75.00 for CFAS members, $150.00 for non-members and CAD $150.00 cash at the door. Accommodations are available at a discounted rate at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel.
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 2:00 PM EST ON MARCH 27, 2019.
This year will see new and exciting topics as well as a Biopsy & Tubing workshop!
Registration for the workshop is free for CFAS members and non members. Note: If you have paid a fee for the workshop already, CFAS will reimburse you for the cost of the workshop.
This program is brought to you by Merck Canada with the assistance of the CFAS. Registration fees will go towards offsetting venue and food costs.
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am Biopsy & Tubing Workshops
- 9-10 am Breakfast
- 9-10 am Exhibits
- 10 -11 am Impact of Assisted Reproduction on Genomic Imprinting in Oocytes and Preimplantation Embryos Dr. Mellissa Mann, PhD, Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Magee Women’s Research Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- 11 am - 12 pm Avoiding Accidents, Poor Results and Meltdowns, Dr. Kimball Pomeroy, PhD, HCLD. Science Director, The World Egg Bank, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- 12 pm – 1pm Lunch & Exhibits & Workshops
- 1 -2 pm Understanding the Cellular basis for Embryo Mosaicism Dr. Greg FitzHarris, PhD. Principal Investigator, Oocyte and Embryo Research Lab, University of Montreal Hospital, Associate Professor, Dept OBGYN, Université de Montréal, Quebec.
- 2 - 3 pm Sperm Olympics: How to Select Award Sperm for IVF Dr. Keith Jarvi, M.D., Professor of Surgery, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto, Chief of Urology and Director of the Murray Koffler Urologic Wellness Centre, and Associate Member of Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute at the Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto.
- 3-4 pm Exhibits and Biopsy & Tubing Workshops