Why join us?
The CFAS is a multidisciplinary national non-profit Society that serves as the voice of reproductive specialists, scientists, and allied health professionals working in the field of Assisted Reproduction in Canada. Joining the Society not only provides members with access to education and practice guidelines, but membership provides the opportunity to actively contribute to the field of assisted reproduction in Canada.
Access the “NEW” CFAS Member Portal
CFAS has launched a new portal for its members. This portal is your one stop shop for all aspects of your relationship with the CFAS. These are some of the highlights:
- Create and modify your profile within the portal and make yourself known to others within the Society
- Find and connect with colleagues
- Register and pay for meetings and events
- Participate in discussions through virtual meeting place called “workplaces“
- Search for abstracts submitted to CFAS annual meetings
- Manage or participate in committees
- Respond to CFAS surveys or request a survey be distributed to CFAS members
- Record and document educational activity – designed for ART members participating in the certification program
- View an enormous amount of current and past educational material through the video archive.
The New CFAS member portal is as useful as you want to make it.
Join a Special Interest Group (SIG)
Volunteer opportunities exist for CFAS Members who would like to participate in one of the 9 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and various committees. These committees provide a diverse range of important services, including the development of CFAS practice clinical guidelines for physicians and standards and certification for non-medical professionals.By joining a committee, you will have the opportunity to participate in important work to advance reproductive health care in Canada, while working alongside some of Canada’s foremost experts in male and female fertility.View a list of the CFAS SIGs and Committees..
Active Special Interest Groups in the CFAS
- Embryology (ART Lab)
- Ethics and Law
- Fertility Preservation
- Scientists in Reproduction
Attend the Annual CFAS Meeting
CFAS members receive preferential rates to the annual meeting. The annual meeting is an important forum for the presentation and discussion of new developments in reproductive medicine and science. Through the annual meeting, the CFAS brings together all those concerned with development in the field of reproductive medicine and science including:
- Healthcare practitioners
- Researchers and scientists
- Pharmaceutical, technology and service companies
- Lawyers, Ethicists and Social Scientists
- Government and agencies of government
The 2018 Annual Meeting will be held at the Le Westin Hotel in Montreal, Quebec from September 13-15. The theme for this year’s meeting is “Controversies in Assisted Reproduction” and is expected to be very well attended.
Attend Regional Workshops and Distance Learning
Continuing professional development is critical to keeping up with advances in reproductive medicine and with changes in the delivery of care. CFAS members have access to exclusive access ti educational and learning opportunities throughout the year and can access recorded sessions from previous conferences.
- Attend webinars hosted by one of the nine Special Interest Groups
- Attend regional workshops in all disciplines
Some of the educational highlights for 2018 include:
- Gatekeeper’s Dilemma: To Transfer or Not to Transfer – Consequences and Risks surrounding Mosaic Embryos (January 26, 2018 – Toronto)
- Embryology Summit (April 14, 2018, Hosted by Merck, Toronto)
- Fertility Nursing Workshop (April 13, 2018, Vancouver)
- York University Certificate in Leadership of Assisted Reproduction in Clinical Settings (May 9-14, 2018, Toronto; Sept 12, Montreal)
- REI Symposium (Date TBD, Montreal)
- Ovarian Tissue Freezing Course (September 12, 2018, Montreal)
- Reproductive Scientists Meeting, (September, 2018, Montreal)
Review or Help Draft Position Statements and Guidelines
The CFAS is the voice of the ART Professionals in Canada. Your membership helps to support the important work of the Society to improve the practice and quality of care. The CFAS is committed to ensuring that the opinions and concerns of Canada’s reproductive healthcare specialists and scientists are being heard. Through your membership, you are also helping to support the CFAS’s important public education initiatives, and you are helping to promote research that will advance the practice of ART in Canada.some of Canada’s foremost experts in male and female fertility. View a list of the CFAS SIGs and Committees.
Receive CFAS Newsletters
The CFAS Newsletter is distributed exclusively to CFAS Members and contains reports on activities, events, legislation, and developments of particular importance to ART Professionals in Canada. This is an easy way to stay ‘in the loop’.