Why join us?
The CFAS is a multidisciplinary national non-profit Society that serves as the voice of reproductive specialists including physicians, nurses, andrologists, embryologists, research scientists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers, lawyers, ethicists, administrative professionals and trainees working in the field of Assisted Reproduction in Canada. Joining the Society not only provides members with access to education and practice guidelines, but membership provides the opportunity to actively contribute to the field of assisted reproduction in Canada.
Access the “NEW” CFAS Member Portal
CFAS has launched a new portal for its members. This portal is your one stop shop for all aspects of your relationship with the CFAS. These are some of the highlights:
- Create and modify your profile within the portal and make yourself known to others within the Society
- Find and connect with colleagues
- Register and pay for meetings and events
- Participate in discussions through virtual meeting place called “workplaces“
- Search for abstracts submitted to CFAS annual meetings
- Manage or participate in committees
- Respond to CFAS surveys or request a survey be distributed to CFAS members
- Record and document educational activity – designed for ART members participating in the certification program
- View an enormous amount of current and past educational material through the video archive.
The New CFAS member portal is as useful as you want to make it.
Join a Special Interest Group (SIG)
Volunteer opportunities exist for CFAS Members who would like to participate in one of the 10 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and various committees. These committees provide a diverse range of important services, including the development of CFAS practice clinical guidelines for physicians and standards and certification for non-medical professionals. By joining a committee, you will have the opportunity to participate in important work to advance reproductive health care in Canada, while working alongside some of Canada’s foremost experts in fertility. Below is a list of the CFAS SIGs and Committees.
Active Special Interest Groups in the CFAS:
- ART Lab
- Ethics and Law
- Fertility Preservation
- Imaging and Reproductive Surgery
- Leadership and Management
- Research in Reproductive Science
Committees of the CFAS:
- Awards Committee
- Clinical Practice Guideline Committee
- Communications Committee
- Continuing Professional Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Government Relations Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Scientific Committee
- SMART Fund Committee
Preferred Rate to Attend the Annual CFAS Meeting
CFAS members receive preferential rates to the annual meeting. The annual meeting is an important forum for the presentation and discussion of new developments in reproductive medicine and science. Through the annual meeting, the CFAS brings together all those concerned with development in the field of reproductive medicine and science including:
- Healthcare practitioners
- Researchers and scientists
- Pharmaceutical, technology and service companies
- Lawyers, Ethicists and Social Scientists
- Government and agencies of government
Preferred Rate to Attend Regional Workshops and Exclusive Access to Distance Learning Webinars
Continuing professional development is critical to keeping up with advances in reproductive medicine and with changes in the delivery of care. CFAS members have access to exclusive access to educational and learning opportunities throughout the year and can access recorded sessions from previous conferences.
- Attend webinars hosted by one of the 10 Special Interest Groups
- Attend regional workshops in all disciplines
- Participate in our ART Laboratory Professional Certification Program
- Obtain ART Laboratory Continuing Professional Development
- CFAS Special Interest Groups (SIGs) create interest-specific continuing professional development activities such as workshops and webinars and provide networking opportunities
- Reduced cost of registration to educational events
- Access research funding opportunities
- Access to survey dissemination of selected investigator-led research
- Eligible to nominate or be nominated for CFAS Awards
- Eligible to receive CFAS research grants
- Leadership opportunities
- Connect and exchange ideas
Review or Help Draft Guidelines
The CFAS is the voice of the ART Professionals in Canada. As a member, you will be able to review CFAS Clinical Practice Guidelines in their development stage and provide valuable input based on your area of expertise prior to their submission to journals or publication on the CFAS website.
Receive CFAS Newsletters
The CFAS Newsletter is distributed exclusively to CFAS Members and contains reports on activities, events, legislation, and developments of particular importance to ART Professionals in Canada. This is an easy way to stay ‘in the loop’.
Advocacy - Opportunity to Run for a Position on our Board of Directors
CFAS represents you and your specialty nationally through the means listed below. If you are passionate about representing professionals in your field and interested in getting involved in the activities specified below, join CFAS and run for a position on our Board of Directors.
- Responding to Health Canada advisories
- Participating in the Choosing Wisely initiative
- Participating in the Clinical Practice Variations endeavor
- Facilitating the collaboration of provincial/regional CFAS groups
Access to CFAS Member Benefits offered by many different suppliers:
- Derry Village Optical
- Travel Discounts Program
- Enterprise Care Rentals
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Goodlife Fitness/Énergie Cardio
- Sunwing/Sell Off Vacations
- CAA Quebec and Ontario