Province: Vancouver BC, British Columbia
Position: Director of Operations - Fertility
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Posted: January 7, 2022
Job Description / Duties
The role of the Director of Operations at Genesis is one that is critical to the success of the day-to-day operations, clinical oversight, and future of our organization. This role is responsible for clinical and regulatory oversight in partnership with the clinical operations director, employee development and growth, and efficient and proactive oversight of the clinic operations. This individual must be able to understand the granular protocols and processes of the practice, while understanding long term needs of the business such as being survey ready, growing talent from within the center, seeking out external talent for future needs and being a liaison within the community.
We are seeking top talent nationwide and will provide relocation assistance to those willing to relocate to Vancouver!
• Develops and leads day to day operations at the center level while interfacing with multiple departments including but not limited to providers, operations, clinical teams, lab operations, NHSF operations, compliance, regulatory bodies, finance, human resources, call center, medical records, revenue cycle, facilities, and information technology.
• Responsible for direct oversight of non-clinical (front desk and administrative staff), clinical and day to day operations of the clinic including oversight of the nursing team, in collaboration with the nurse manager, patient navigators, medical assistants and patient coordinators; this includes direct oversight of human resources for laboratory and non-hospital surgical facility operations in collaboration with the Medical Director and Laboratory Director
• Responsible for creating heightened expectations around patient and customer service whereby creating a best-in-class care experience.
• Responsible for interventions relating to patient concerns and escalations and resolving in a timely and thoughtful manner.
• Responsible for vendor and business associate contracts at the center level including but not limited to biohazard, scrubs, cleaning services, maintenance, and regulatory visits.
• Responsible for daily nursing, patient navigator, medical assistant and patient coordinator schedules, PTO and timecard approval; also responsible for communicating provider PTO to the appropriate parties.
• Responsible for QC and oversight of provider(s) schedules and templates to ensure maximizing the patient experience, creating a thoughtful and productive provide schedule and ensuring billing and regulatory compliance with patient visits.
• Hires, coaches, and develops employees for roles including but not limited to nursing, patient navigator, medical assistant, and patient coordinator
• Responsible for regular employee training, coaching and performance reviews.
• Works collaboratively and proactively with medical directors and providers within the practice operations
• Monitors and trends Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the practice operations
• Responsible for oversight, implementation, and training for adherence for all protocols and policies
• Develops, implements and coordinates training programs in conjunction with applicable departments.
• Develops and monitors corrective action strategies and action plans and communicates status of same to leadership.
• Responsible for site level P&L and budget in collaboration with finance manager
• Responsible for the oversight and protocols pertaining to POS and cash collections relating the patient billing and AR at the center level.
• Responsible for oversight of life safety and practice level maintenance
•Monitors and keeps leadership abreast of regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems that may have financial impacts or involve regulatory intervention activities in collaboration with Compliance Officer.
• Communicates regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems as they relate to possible financial impacts and/or regulatory intervention activities in collaboration with Compliance Officer.
• Investigates regulatory or compliance related complaints received. Reports findings and resolutions to leadership and Compliance Officer.
Since opening our doors in 1995, Genesis has grown to be a leader in reproductive technology. We offer a comprehensive range of assisted reproductive technologies, including IUI, IVF, ICSI, PGD, surgical sperm retrieval, cryopreservation, oocyte and sperm donation.
The Spring-Genesis Family
In May 2020, we joined forces with Spring Fertility. The fastest growing but close group of physicians, nurses, and embryologists who are always looking to add best in class partners to our growing family. We are constantly innovating on how to improve both the science of assisted reproductive technology and patient experience. Patient satisfaction scores and outcomes have been exceptional and continue to drive a growing IVF and egg freezing volume. Our patients leave happy and remain our greatest source of referrals.
We are located in San Francisco, Oakland, Silicon Valley, New York and Vancouver BC. Successful candidates will share our passion for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical excellence. We only work with the best and enjoy working with an incredible, fun and dedicated team.
Combining heart and science, Genesis Fertility Centre helps thousands of couples and individuals start and grow their families. We proudly maintain some of the highest independently verified success rates in Canada thanks to years of specialized experience, education and the latest technology. Whether you’re seeking professional advice on getting pregnant or planning ahead for a future baby, our team of experts offer compassionate care and individualized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs.