Province: Montreal and Ottawa, Quebec
Position: REI Physician
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Posted: January 13, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Women’s Health Centre that offers a full range of reproductive health services, including but not limited to:
• Intra Uterus Insemination (IUI) and Therapeutic Donor Insemination (TDI)
• In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Cycles
• IVM, in vitro maturation (IVF without hormonal stimulation)
• Egg freezing
• Fertility Preservation
• PGT-M and PGT-A (genetic testing of embryos by next generation sequencing performed in collaboration with Prof. Bill Kearns from John Hopkins University).
• Egg donation
• Third party reproduction: We will work with all couples undergoing egg donation and Surrogacy cycles.
• Access to financing programs will be available to our patients (through an independent provider).
Opportunities for cutting edge research and supported attendance at national and international conferences.
There will be an attractive base salary and fee for service and a hardworking physician should be able to earn between $350K and $500K per annum and upwards.
Partnership-track is available. Because Ottawa has a population > 1 million and the only other existing IVF centre in the city has a wait list of over a year, the prospects for a dynamic REI to succeed is very high
Qualifications / Required Skills
• We are currently seeking 4 highly motivated Reproductive Endocrinologists to join our team.
• Complete initial consultations/assessments with referred patients to the clinic.
• Recommend appropriate in-house investigations and treatment options.
• Complete medical / surgical ART procedures in onsite operating facilities
• Recognize patients who would benefit from complementary therapies such as counseling or acupuncture.
• Practice medicine in accordance with the appropriate guidelines eg, College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario, College des Medicines du Quebec, out-of- Hospital Premises Guidelines, Health Canada, and the CFAS/ASRM guidelines.
• Take part in association based events (CFAS, ASRM, ESHRE) for continued education in the field of Reproductive Medicine
• Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) to practice medicine in the province of Ontario (for the Ottawa positions)
• Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) to practice medicine in the province of Quebec (for the Montreal positions)
• Fellowship (or similar post-graduate training) in REI and completed residency in ObGyn. Appropriate medical/surgical experience in all areas of Reproductive Medicine / ART.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified
• Full understanding of key procedures: IVF, ICSI, Ovarian Stimulation, mini-IVF
• Familiarity with third-party reproduction (egg donation & surrogacy)
• Strong ability to communicate compassionately and effectively with patients.
• A “team player” committed to and promoting the values of the clinic.
• Commitment to professional practice and personal development
• Strong command of the English language. Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset.
• All qualified candidates encouraged to apply but preference will be given to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
• Unique career opportunity for motivated candidate to join dynamic team to bring world class care to patients locally, regionally and internationally.
Note: This is partnership track position and confirmed after 3 years or earlier if mutually agreed upon. Excellent Remuneration in the form of base salary plus fees for service.
Salary: 350k to 500k
Seang Lin tan
OriginElle has two world-renowned fertility and women's health centers based in Montreal (Quebec) and Ottawa (Ontario, 2 hours by car from Montreal) that offer a full range of reproductive health services, including in vitro fertilization, fertility treatment and fertility preservation, as well as a variety of complementary health services. Our world class centers, which attract high profile patients ranging from Quebec celebrities to Hollywood actresses, from Federal government ministers to patients who have been referred from the leading USA and European IVF center's, am seeking twp dynamic REI Physicians (2 REI positions available in Montreal) and 1 REI position and 1 REI/Medical Director position available in Ottawa – two positions. Link to our videos
Montreal is where North America meets Europe. Centuries-old stone facades, traditional bistros, elegant boulevards, and a certain je ne sais quoi make Montreal's reputation as an Old World city manqué well-deserved. But this Francophone metropolis is no fossilized relic. When you travel to Montreal, step beyond the cobbled lanes of Vieux-Montréal, and you're surrounded by thoroughly of-the-moment buildings from the likes of I. M. Pei; innovative, globally inspired cuisine; boundary-pushing music from bands such as Arcade Fire and The Dears; and a dizzying blend of cultures that includes not just French and English but Italian, Chinese, and Caribbean. Montreal is proudly bilingual. There’s an abundance of English private schools at affordable rates. The costs of living to maintain a standard of life for Montreal is around 5300 CAD and for Ottawa is around 5900 CAD are very low compared to other cities in Canada, such as Toronto or Vancouver for example where that amount is near 6600 CAD and 7000 CAD respectively. (www.numbeo.com).
Ottawa is Canada’s capital city, with a vibrant science and arts and cultural scene, with most of the country’s museums, similar to Washington DC. The cost of living in both those cities, including housing and private schools are inexpensive. There is free Medicare coverage and both those cities are very safe to raise a family.
Our team is headed by Prof S L Tan, internationally renowned IVF specialist and pioneer of IVM and oocyte vitrification with team members having achieved many Canadian and International firsts. Team members have published in leading journals including Nature, New England Journal of Medicine and the Lancet. Our scientific director is Prof Masa Kuwuyama, pioneer of oocyte vitrification and fertility preservation and inventor of cryotop and cryotech. Our embryology lab is run by a very experience embryology team whose members have directed major IVF centers in Canada and Internationally.