Province: Newmarket , Ontario
Position: Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse
Deadline: January 12, 2022
Posted: December 15, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The RN/RPN will work collaboratively within the Clinical Operations Department with the total Practice to provide timely, proficient services for all patients. The RN/RPN is the primary contact and accountable for how a patient's cycle progresses.
• Coordinate care for women and their partners receiving treatment in the department's various programs (e.g. IVF, Sperm Wash, Ovum Donation, Oncology Banking, etc.).
• Daily communication with the interprofessional team such as physicians, embryologist, andrologists, secretarial and phlebotomist.
• Assists physicians with procedures, exams as needed.
• IV insertion, phlebotomy as necessary.
• Provide patient education in one-on-one sessions.
• Assist and/or perform various procedures in the clinic and procedure room setting such as IUIs.Provides patient/couple counseling, IVF procedure education, and scheduling of treatment/coordination of treatment cycles after initial and follow up visits.
• Communicate lab results with appropriate interpretation and explanation.
• Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Support women and families through the various ethical decisions that may be required as they explore various treatment options.
• Counsel patients daily regarding successful versus failed outcomes.
• Provide emotional support and grief counselling to women and families who are not successful in achieving pregnancy.
• Participate in professional development, quality improvement and safety activities within the program.
• Maintains privacy & confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Current certificate of Registration, College of Nurses Ontario
• Minimum 3 years of Experience as an RN/RPN in fertility
• Counselling experience is an asset
• Current BCLS and ACLS
• Demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
• Excellent computer skills, comfortable with working with an EMR
• Ability to work independently to manage a caseload of patients
• Able to work effectively in a team to provide excellent patient care
• Demonstration of good attendance and work performance
• Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations.
• Knowledgeable about providing a safe and inclusive environment to gender and sexually diverse people (2SLGBTQIA+)
• Committed to patient centered care.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application to email@example.com
Generation Fertility celebrates a team-based approach to providing an excellent, highly responsive and personalized care experience for every patient. Every member of our multi-disciplinary team is valued for playing a critical role in delivering this experience. If you want to be a part of our collaborative and supportive team, consider joining us!
Based out of beautiful and modern clinic facility in Newmarket, our staff enjoy a fulfilling work environment, with the support and tools to develop your career and grow professionally.