The CFAS Award of Excellence in Reproductive Medicine
Each year, the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society has the honour of granting several prestigious awards to its well-deserving members who dedicate their careers to making a lasting contribution to the field of assisted reproduction.
The Award of Excellence in Reproductive Medicine is an honour reserved for members of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society for an outstanding contribution to and leadership in the field of Reproductive Medicine and Science. As well, the nominee should demonstrate tremendous dedication to advancing the field of Reproductive Medicine and Science in research, clinical activity, teaching and consulting activities by meeting the criteria listed below. This award is given annually if a nominee of sufficient merit is presented.
Description of Award
The Award of Excellence in Reproductive Medicine is awarded to any individual who demonstrates tremendous dedication to advancing the field of Reproductive Medicine and Science. The CFAS grants two Awards of Excellence each year and any professional in the field of ART who meets the criteria can apply or be nominated.
During the CFAS 69th Annual Meeting, the Award of Excellence recipients will be announced at the Opening Ceremony. The recipients will be presented with a trophy and receive two tickets to attend the President's Dinner. At which time, they will be invited to say a brief speech (two minutes) during the President's Dinner on Friday, September 22nd, 2023.
If you know a colleague who meets these criteria, acknowledge their dedication and hard work and let them know how much they are appreciated by nominating them today!
This is awarded to a nominee who has been a CFAS member in good standing for five (5) years and whose activities are consistent with aims, objectives and bylaws of the Society. Most of the nominee’s activities and body of work must have taken place in Canada.
Research and Clinical Activities
- Recognized as an innovator and scholar by peers – this should be proven by other scientific awards and invitations to participate in scholarly activities, such as symposia or workshops.
- Applied experimental and clinical results to the benefit of society.
- Shared research and clinical experience willingly with other members of the medical and scientific community through various activities, such as offering expert advice, demonstrating new techniques, etc.
- Conveyed his/her original research and clinical results lucidly and in a timely manner to his/her peers via journals and scientific meetings.
Administration and Leadership
- Provided service to the field, such as organization of meetings, participation in international, national or provincial public advisory groups, and communication with lay support groups, public relations and related activities.
- Participated actively in professional societies and/or associations.
- Acted as editor or in another capacity (i.e. reviewer) in scholarly publications.
- Taught students of various levels and/or helped to develop and provide CME/CPD.
1. Start a new submission below and fill in all the required fields.
2. Upload a PDF of the following documents:
- An up-to-date CV of the candidate
- Letters of support from colleagues and the public may be included.
3. Submit your application by the deadline. Should you have any questions about the application process or the online application submitter, do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-300-1333.
CLOSING DATE: June 4th, 2023