The CFAS Mathias Gysler Award
The Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society (CFAS) would like to honor Dr. Mathias Gysler’s memory and legacy with the creation of an award in his name. Dr. Gysler was a passionate advocate for his patients, including those from marginalized communities, who sought reproductive care, and that he was exceptional in his efforts to improve access to successful treatment for these often overlooked individuals. We also understand that Dr. Gysler took pride in his European heritage and greatly enjoyed attending the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
Description of Award
The CFAS established ‘The Mathias Gysler Award’ which recognizes CFAS members who have demonstrated exceptional progress in enhancing access to treatment or the potential for success of treatment in groups of individuals facing challenges. The recipient will be announced at the Opening Ceremonies during the CFAS 69th Annual Meeting. The awardee will be presented with a trophy and a photo op during the President's Dinner on Friday, September 22nd, 2023.
The recipients will receive two tickets to attend the President's Dinner and up to $5,000 CAD to be used to support transportation and accommodation to attend the annual ESHRE meeting. It is our hope that this award will celebrate and commemorate Dr. Gysler’s important contributions to his patients and to the reproductive care of all Canadians
1. Start a new submission below and fill in all the required fields.
2. Upload a PDF of the following documents:
- An up-to-date CV of the candidate
- Letters of support from colleagues and the public may be included.
3. Submit your application by the deadline. Should you have any questions about the application process or the online application submitter, do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-300-1333.
CLOSING DATE: June 4th, 2023