CFAS SEED Grant Application 2023
Feb 13, 2023 - Jun 4, 2023
One submission per member only. Do not forget to answer all questions.
The Research Seed Grants promote collaboration across distinctly different fields. Seed Grants serve to provide financial assistance to initiate new research or to obtain the preliminary results necessary to start a new a research program that could subsequently be funded by regular grant agencies – a great opportunity to start a new and exciting project! All projects must align with the CFAS’s mission and values.
Applications must conform to the instructions below:
Individual applicants may only submit one proposal per year.
Applicants must submit a mid-year report upon request from the Board of Directors
The results of research projects must be submitted as an abstract and presented to the CFAS Annual Meeting of the following year. If absolutely no results are available for submission and presentation, a one-page report explaining the reasons must be sent to the CFAS Board.
Applications are to be submitted on letter size (8.5 x 11 inches) paper, using 12-point Arial font, and be no longer than 2 pages, with the following format:
Include the following elements your application:
- Principal Investigator (name, affiliations, primary place of work/employment)
- Co-Investigator(s) (name, affiliations, primary place of work/employment)
- Hypotheses to be tested, aim(s) of research and significance of research to the field of human reproduction and fertility
1. Experimental design (if pertinent)
- Include study design (if pertinent)
- Include patient inclusion and exclusion criteria (if pertinent)
- Include number of patients, oocytes, embryos etc. (if pertinent)
- Include brief description of methodology
- Include endpoints of project and time line for milestones
2. Value of the information, including:
- To the scientist (e.g., preliminary results for a grant)
- To the clinic/physicians, embryologist, nurse etc..
- To the patient (population)
3. Ethics approval requirements (if required, funding will be held until proof of approval is received)
Applicants should also include:
- Short CVs (max 2 pages each) for each principal applicant and co-applicant. For the Principal and Co-Investigator, you must demonstrate that you meet the requirement for cross discipline collaboration. Please indicate the following:
- Primary career focus (i.e.: clinical care, biomedical research, etc.)
|You have not made any submissions yet.|